Questions to ask your doctor about your heart attack
Most likely, you still have questions about your recent hospitalization for a heart attack or severe chest pain. Below are some questions you, or someone you care about, may want to ask your doctor. Print these questions and bring them to your next doctor appointment.
Questions about your heart attack
- Did the heart attack cause permanent damage to my heart?
- Am I at risk of having another heart attack?
- How can I lower my risk of another heart attack?
- How often do I need to come in for office visits?
Questions about your medicines
- Why was I prescribed these medicines?
- How are my medicines different from each other?
- Will these medicines react with other medicines?
- Are there any possible side effects with my medicines?
- What are the types of side effects I might experience?
- How long should I take each of my medicines?
- What happens if I miss a dose?
- How can I remember to take all of these medicines?
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Questions about daily living
- When can I start my normal activities again (for example, going back to work, walking, dancing, playing golf, having sex, working in the garden, taking care of children or grandchildren)?
- Are there any activities I should not do?
- Are there any foods I need to stay away from?
- Is it okay to have alcohol?
- What is the best way to stay on track with my medicines?
- How can I make heart-healthy lifestyle changes?
Find out how much you will spend on your BRILINTA prescriptions with the co-pay calculator.